The line below shows the land used for organic crops in two countries between 1985 to 2010.
The three graphs of wheat exports each show a quite different pattern between 1985 and 1990. Exports from Australia declined over the five-year period, while the Canadian market fluctuated considerably, and the European Community showed an increase.
In 1985, Australia exported about 15 millions of tonnes of wheat and the following year the number increased by one million tonnes to 16 million. After that, however, there was a gradual decline until 1989 and 1990 when it stabilised at about 11 million tonnes.
Over the same period, the amount of Canadian exports varied greatly. It started at 19 million tonnes in 1985, reached a peak in 1988 of 24 million, dropped dramatically in 1989 to 14 million tonnes and then climbed back to 19 million in 1990. Seventeen million tonnes were exported from the European Community in 1985, but this decreased to 14 million tonnes in 1986 and then rose to 15 million in 1987 and 1988 before increasing once more to 20 million in 1990.
The graph below shows the differences in wheat exports over three different areas. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.
Eating sweet foods produces acid in the mouth, which can cause tooth decay. (High acid levels are measured by low pH values)
Describe the information below and discuss the implications for dental health.
You should write at least 150 words.
Allow yourself 20 minutes for this task.
The graph shows the spending on research into renewable energy of four countries from 1975 to 2000.
教育资金是否只应该投给科学型项目 Money for postgraduate research is limited. Some people, therefore, think that financial support from government should be only provided for scientific research rather than research for less useful subjects. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
高等教育的学费支付办法 Higher education is funded in several ways: all costs of higher education are paid by the government; all costs are paid by the student; all costs are paid by students with a government loan which must be repaid after graduation. What are the benefits of these ways and which one is the best?
多问题型解题思路 1. 第一种方案的好处：大学学费全部由政府承担能普及大学教育，这能让每一个年轻人都获取专业知识，技能，以及法律观念，最终能提高社会生产力，并且让社会变得更文明和守法。
富国该如何帮助穷国 Developing countries require help offered by international organization to ensure healthy and sustainable development. Some people think that financial aid is important. Others believe that practical aid and advice is more important. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Nowadays, not enough students choose science subjects in university in many countries. What are the reasons for this problem? What are the effects on the society?
some people think educate children of different abilities together will benefitthem. Others think intelligent children should be taught separately and give specialcourses, discuss both side and give own opinion! (因材施教。拓展：学术教育与是非观教育、是否该学外语、大学生该博学还是更专业、上不上补习班、一起学还是独自学、老师和家长对孩子的影响、该不该分科、教育竞赛还是合作)
University students always focus on one specialist subject, but some peoplethink universities should encourage their students to study a range of subjectsin addition to their own subject. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (通才还是专才。拓展：年轻人就业、成年人教育、游学)
Some people think young people should go to university to further their educationwhile others think they should been encouraged to work as car mechanics orbuilders etc. to serve society. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.(教育的程度。拓展：是否该上大学、大学是否应理论实践相结合、短期教育与终身教育、学生是否应该打工)
Universities should accept equal numbers of male and female study in every subject.Do you agree or disagree。 (教育平等。拓展：农村学生教育、留学利弊、游学、学习态度、私立学校优缺点、教育投入)
Nuclear energy is a better choice for meeting increasing demand, agree ordisagree? (科技进步。拓展：机器人危险吗、手机带来的影响、科技改变工作方式、科技改变生活方式、新技术加大贫富差距、计算机取代教师?电脑互联网带来的影响、信会不会消失)
Economic progress is one way to measure the success of one country, while some peoplethink there are other factors. What other factors should be considered? Withinthese factors, do you think anyone is more important than the others? (经济。拓展：是否应大力发展农业、城乡差距、国家成功标志、该不该交税、国家间经济互助)
Most countries want to improve standard of living through economic development,however, others think social value is lost as a result. Do you think the advantagesof economic development outweigh the disadvantages? (经济)
Some people think that zoos are cruel and all the zoos should be closed. However,other people think that zoos are useful to protect the rare animals. Discuss bothviews and give your own opinion. (动物保护)
拓展：(动物能否用于药品)To ban animal experiments would be toparalyse modern medicine , to perpetuate human suffering ,and to endanger humanhealth by allowing products such as insecticides onto the market before testingthem for toxicity .
Some people think pollution and damage of environment are resulted from a countrydeveloping and becoming richer, which this is hard to be avoided. Towhat extent do you agree or disagree?
Environmental problems are too big for individual countries and individual peopleto address. We have reached the stage where the only way to protect the environmentis to address it at an international level. To what extent do you agree ordisagree with this statement?
Some people think they have right to use as much freshwater as they want，others believegovernments should tightly control the use of fresh water as it is limitedresource. Discuss
With the development of technology and science, some people believe that there isno great value of artists such as musicians and painters. What are the thingsartists can do but the scientist cannot? Why should we encourage the art area? (艺术。拓展：)
Some people think that job satisfaction is more importantthan job security. Others think that people cannot expect to enjoy a job and havinga permanent job is more important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (工作平等。拓展：农民工进城、男女同工同酬、童工、机器代替人工、贫富差距、不同人不同假期、女性领导)
Countries with a long average working time are more economicallysuccessful than those countries which do not have a long working time. To whatextent do you agree or disagree? (工作时长)
Many people believe that counties should produce food for all population eats andimport food as little as possible. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (食品安全。拓展：垃圾食品利弊、均衡饮食与健康、快餐)
Some people think that it is necessary to travel abroad to learn about other countries,but other people think that it is not necessary to travel abroad because allthe information can be seen at TV and the internet. Discuss both opinions andgive your own opinion. (旅游。拓展：游学、海外旅游的优劣势、旅游与商业、廉价航空、旅行保险)
Throughout the history, people dream to build a perfect societywhile they haven't agreed how the ideal society would be like. What is the mostimportant element you think to make a perfect society? How do people do toachieving an ideal society?
Some peoplebelieve that in order to give opportunities to new generation companies should encouragehigh level employees who are older than 55 to retire. Do you agree or disagree?Why? (老年人。拓展：年轻人是否应该担任重要职位、长寿、住养老院还是在家、退休生活、长者智慧)
Today's parents spend too little time staying with their children and use televisionto make their children keep quiet. Explain the reason and results by using yourrelevant experience. (儿童。拓展：儿童是否应严格要求)
Charities and organizations always give special names to particular days such as'National Children's Day' and 'National Non-smoking Day'. What are the causesof these particular days? How effective are they?
It is suggested that all the young adults should undertake a period of unpaid workhelping people in the community. Does it bring more benefits or drawbacks tothe community and the young people? (志愿者。 )
Some people think that strong tradition can civilize a country and the governmentshould subsidize musicians, artists, actors and drama companies. Do you agreeor disagree with the opinion? What should the government do? (传统。拓展：多元文化的好坏、该不该入乡随俗、如何学习别人的好传统、国际交流)
the professional workers such as doctors, nurses and teachers should be paid morethan the sports and entertainment personalities. Do you agree or disagree
In many countries traditional foods are being replaced by international fast foods.This is a negative effect on both families and societies. To what extent do youagree or disagree? (传统习俗。拓展：该不该穿民族服装)
The government should control the amount of violence in films and on elevision inorder to decrease the violent crimes in society. To what extent do you agree ordisagree with this issue? (控制暴力。拓展：网络暴力信息的审查、电影与网络暴力)
Although it is a freedom to use tobacco(烟草) while some people think it should be made illegal asthe same way as other drugs. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What’s your opinion? (烟草与毒品。拓展：禁烟的必要性)
Today there is a great increase in anti-social behavior and lack of respect to others.What are the causes of this? What can be done to reduce it? (犯罪。拓展：犯罪全球化、青少年犯罪、重复犯罪、女孩犯罪、教育预防犯罪)
In many cities, planners have separated schools, homes, shops, offices in specificareas which were widely separated from each other. Do you think advantages ofthis policy overweigh disadvantages to the city residents? (建筑与规划。拓展：古迹保护、住房紧缺)
In modern worlds, the friendships between countries becomes much more importantthan before, because we should confront with a lot of affairs together. to whatextent you agree or disagree(国际关系。拓展：如何帮贫困国家、英语普及是否影响其他语言)
Some people believe that the best way to improve public health is by increasingthe number of sports facilities. Others think that this has little effect and othermeasures are required. Discuss both views and give your opinion.(公众健康。拓展：病人态度与医院治疗、情绪控制、人类健康)
The private motor vehicle has greatly improved individual freedom of movement. Moreover,the automobile has become a status symbol. Yet the use of private motorvehicles has contributed to some of today’s most serious problems. How can theuse of private motor vehicles be reduced? (交通。拓展：城市自行车、汽车利弊、交通拥堵治理)
Music play an important role in society, others think it is simply a form of entertainmentfor individuals. Discuss both and give your opinion.(音乐。)
1. Nowadays consumers are faced with the advertisements from competitive companies. To what extent do you agree that consumers are influenced by advertisements? What measures should be taken to protect them?
2. In most countries, prisotein is an effective solution for the problem of crime. Some people think it is a more effective solution to provide a better education. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. The increase in food production owes much to fertilizers and better machinery, but some people think that it has a negative impact on human health and community. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. Some people believe that the government should support the funds for the arts, while some other people suggest that the money should be used for public health and education. Discuss both views amd give your opinion.
5. Some people think news have no connection to people's lives, so then it is a waste of time to read the news in the newspaper and watch television news programs. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
6. The development of technologies is causing environmental problems. Some people believe that the solution is for everyone to adopt a simpler way of life while others say that technologies can solve these problems. Discuss the both viewpoints and give your own opinion.
7. Fossil fuels are the main sources in many countries. But in some countries the use of alternative sources of energy is encouraged. Is it a positive or negative development?
8. Some people think it’s necessary to use animals for testing medicines intended for human use. Others, however, think it’s not right to do that. Discuss both views and give you own opinion.
9. Human activities have negative effects on plants and animal species. Some people think that it is too late to do anything about this problem. Other people believe that effective measures can be taken to improve this situation. Discuss both views and give your own opinions.
10. Nowadays，full-time university students tend to focus on their studying. Some people think it is essential for university students to be involved in other activities. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
11. We have three important parts of education reading, writing and Math. Some people think every child will benefit from a fourth skill added to the list: computer skills. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
12. Not enough students choose science subjects in universities in many countries. What are the reasons and what are the effects to the society?
13. Some people think that older school children should learn a wide range of subjects to acquire more knowledge, while other people believe they should learn a small number of subjects in details. Discuss both views and give your opinions.
14. Some people think that all young people should be required to have full-time education until they are at least 18 years old. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
1. Many people believe that scientific research should be carried out and controlled by the government rather than private companies. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. An increasing number of people do not know their neighbors, and there is no longer a sense of community. What do you think are the causes of this situation? What solutions can you suggest?
3. Some visitors are interested in other countries' culture and tradition. How can visitors learn it? Why are other visitors not interested in it?
4. Advertisements encourage consumers to buy in quantity rather than in quality. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. People can live and work anywhere they want to choose because of improved communication technology and transport. Do the advantages of this development outweigh disadvantages?
6. Some people believe that young people who commit serious crimes should be punished in the same way as adults. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
7. In some countries, more and more adults choose to continue to live with their parents after they graduate and have found jobs. Do the advantages of this trend outweigh its disadvantages?
8. Some people believe the purpose of education is to prepare people to be useful members for society. Others say that the purpose of education is to achieve personal ambitions. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
9. Some people think adults should learn practical skills by themselves, while others think they should learn from teachers in the classroom. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
10. With the increasing demand for energy sources of oil and gas, people should look for sources of oil and gas in remote and untouched natural places. Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages of damaging such areas?
11. Some countries achieve international success by building specialized facilities to train top athletes instead of providing sports facilities that everyone can use. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
12. Some people think young people are not suitable for important positions in the government，while other people think it is a good idea for young people to take on these positions. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
13. The government has the duty to ensure that its citizens have a healthy diet, while others believe this is individuals' responsibility. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
14. Some people think that environmental problems are too big for individuals to solve. Others, however, believe that these problems cannot be solved if individuals do not take actions. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
15. In many parts of the world children and teenagers are committing more crimes. Why do you think it is the case? How should children or teenagers be punished?
16. Some people think that the government should ban dangerous sports, but others think that people should have the freedom to choose sports activities. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
17. In some countries many young people choose to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages.
18. Some people think it is more important to plant more trees in open area in towns and cities than provide more housing. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
19. Some working parents believe childcare centers can provide best care for children, while others think family members like grandparents can do it better. Discuss both views and give your opinion.