1.What should we do to help the elder in our community?
2.Which of the following people can give most useful help in your future career direction?
3. There is going to have students’ TV show. Which show would you like to watch? Please Give your reasons.
A. Interview school leaders
B. Students' debate on political and social topics
C. Comedy about school life
4.Which do you prefer: an interesting class but very strict with scoring or a boring class that gives you high scores?
5. Your degree requires you to take one course, which one would you choose?
1) Energy and environment
2) Health and nutrition
3) Solar system
6.If you can have a part-time job at the university, what position would you choose: a lab assistant, a campus tour guide or a library assistant?
7.Which of the following three do you think is the most important for a great working environment? Friendly coworkers, flexible hours or a helpful boss?
8.Which method do you prefer in finding a job?
9. Which one would you like to choose for your final project:presentation, paper,video?
10.Describe the characteristics a good leader should have.
11.If a mayor is to be selected from the following candidates, who all have no political experience but are successful in their own field, which one do you think is the best candidate for mayor?
1) A university professor
2) A businessman
3) A doctor
12.Recall an argument that you have ever had with others and describe the details of the conflict.
13.Your friend is going to a new school to study. What suggestion would you give him to help him blend in?
14. Your university has acquired a piece of land next to the campus. There have been three options for the use of the land. Which do you prefer? Why?
1) the athletic facilities and stadiums
2) a park with nature trails
3) centers for students and hotel for campus guests
15.Which of the following do you think is the best way to know a new school: joining a one-day campus tour, spending a weekend on the campus play field, or auditing lectures?
16. The university wants to provide student more entertainments and three choices provided below. Which do you prefer and why?
1) A theater performance by the student actors;
2) A concert provided by professional musician;
3) A lecture from a professor
17. Describe a behavior that many people may do in public that you find inconsiderate.
18. Which of following aspects do you think contributes most to country's success?
1) many business opportunities
2) well rounded medical care system
3) a developed educational system
19. There are several ways you can get to know a country without travelling abroad. Which of the following ways would you like to choose?
1) Reading books
2) Watching videos
3) Joining online communication groups
Choose one and explain why.
20. Things always change in an unexpected way. Please describe a thing you have recently done that, ten years ago, you never imagined you would do.
解决: Solve, deal with, cope with, handle, resolve, address, tackle
损害： Damage, hurt, injure, harm, impair, undermine, jeopardize
给与：Give, offer, render, impart, provide, supply, afford
培养：：Develop, cultivate, foster
优势：Advantage, merit, virtue, benefit, upside, strength
缺陷：Disadvantage, demerit, drawback, downside, weakness
使迷惑：Puzzle, bewilder, perplex, baffle
重要的：Key, crucial, critical, important, significant, vital, substantial, indispensable, imperative
认为：Think, believe, insist, maintain, assert, conclude, deem, hold, argue, be convinced, be firmly convinced, be fully convinced
保护：Protect, conserve, preserve
确保：Assure, ensure, guarantee, pledge
有害的： Bad, baneful evil, harmful, detrimental
要求 ：Request, demand, needs, requisition
消除 ：Eliminate, clear, remove, clear up, take away, smooth away
导致： Lead to, bring about, result in, cause, spark off, conduce to, procure, induce, generate