1) What kinds of expectations do your parents and grandparents have of you? Do you feel like you are fulfilling their expectations? What happens if you fail to meet their expectations?
2) What kinds of expectations do your friends have of you? Do you ever feel like your friends have unrealistic expectations of you? If so, how do you deal with that situation?
3) Do you think it‟s better for your boss/teacher to have very high expectations of you or low expectations of you? Why? What kinds of expectations do you have for your teacher/boss?
1) Do you often remember your dreams? What‟s the most recent dream you can remember? Did you dream it in color or in black and white?
2) Do you ever have recurring dreams? What are they about? Why do you think you dream about that specific thing? Are your recurring dreams usually good dreams or nightmares?
3) If you see a certain image in a dream, do you think it has a specific meaning? For example, if you saw the following things in a dream, what do you think they would mean: a road, your middle school, your mom, a bird, sand, an open door, darkness, and teeth?
4) Have you ever dreamed something that came true in real life? Do you think it‟s possible to know something in a dream before it happens in real life? Do you think you dream about that thing because you fear it or is there another explanation?
1) Who is your favorite super hero? What super power does he/she have? Why do you like this super hero the best?
2) If you could have a super power, which one would you chose to have? Why that one? Is there a power you would really not like to have?
3) Is it only a super hero‟s powers that make them special? What kinds of personalities do super heroes usually have? What characteristics would you be surprised to see in a super hero?
4) Can you think of anyone in the world today that you feel is like a super hero? What makes that person „super?‟ Do you think that person has become „super‟ because of his/her personality?
1) What is a stereotype? Can you give some examples of stereotypes you know of?
2) What kinds of stereotypes do Chinese people have of Americans, Japanese, British, and Africans? Do you think these stereotypes are correct or incorrect? What kinds of stereotypes do you think Westerners have of Chinese people?
3) What kinds of stereotypes do you have of college students, migrant workers, middle-aged men, and people with tattoos? Where do you think those stereotypes came from?
4) What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of having stereotypes? Do you like it or dislike it when a person puts you in a certain stereotype? Is it possible to talk about a country‟s people/culture without having stereotypes?